Henry Abbott Technical High School
School Based Health Center
· The HATS School Based Health Center is DIFFERENT from the school nurse’s office.
· The School Based Health Center offers medical services like the services that your child would receive when they go to the pediatrician’s office. When necessary, we communicate with your child’s doctor in the community.
· The School Based Health Center also offers mental health services like the services that your child would receive if they went to a therapist/counselor’s office.
· The services are free of charge to those without insurance. For those with insurance, insurance companies are billed, but parents are never responsible for out-of-pocket costs like co-pays or deductibles.
· The services offered are meant to help keep you at work and your child in school whenever possible.
· The School Based Health Center is staffed by a nurse practitioner, a social worker, and an office manager.
To take advantage of these services, please print, complete, sign and return the attached TWO-SIDED Permission/Medical History Form to the School Based Health Center. Please call (203) 797- 4922 with any questions.